Bon-appe-tea: Hawaiian Punch Honey Lemon Gin And Tonic
The prospect of travelling to a remote tropic might be in limbo indefinitely but there is one thing that we are certain about – we are in need of a good summer drink. Here’s a delightfully easy and refreshing one that you can enjoy while you pretend you’re idling on a sun-chair in Bali (zoom background not included).
- 2 Foveo Hawaiian Punch teabags
- 100ml hot water
- 300ml tonic water, chilled
- 200ml gin, chilled
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 lime
- 4 candied ginger
- 2 cocktail picks
- Steep teabags in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze juice from lemon.
- Remove teabags then add honey and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Skewer the candied ginger gently onto cocktail picks and set aside.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour gin equally into glasses.
- Top the glasses with tea mixture then tonic water. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with cocktail picks and lime wedges. Serve and enjoy.
Tips: For the young ones, substitute gin with soda of choice or just add more tonic water.