Bon Appétea: Halloween Recipe
Get the Halloween party started early this October with our Spooky Berry Daiquiri and surprise your guests with this glass of fizzy fun that’s gotten a creepy lil upgrade – yummy eyeballs anyone?
Featuring one of teapasar’s bestsellers, The 1872 Clipper Tea Co.’s Blissful Berries, this cocktail packs a punch of tangy sweetness from the tea, complementing beautifully with the intoxicating rum and zesty taste of the lemon sparkling water. To incorporate a generous dash of good ol’ Halloween spirit in this cocktail, squash some strawberries and make it extra “bloody” before adding those cute lychee-berry eyeballs as the final touch.
For all the mummies and dad-culas, feel free to substitute rum with soda and let the little monsters have their go at making this berry delicious drink; perhaps their destructive talents may just increase the (mess) scare factor of the finished products!
Spooky Berry Daiquiri
(makes 4 glasses)
- 2 The 1872 Clipper Tea Co. Blissful Berries teabags
- 200ml white rum
- 330ml San Pellegrino Limonata
- 150ml sugar syrup, from lychee can
- 200g strawberries
- 2 cup ice cubes
- 4 cocktail picks
- 4 canned lychees, drained
- 4 blueberries
- 4 tsp berry jam
- Pour rum into glass jar and add teabags. Infuse overnight in fridge.
- Fill the lychees with 1 tsp berry jam each and gently ease in one blueberry into each lychee.
- Skewer the filled lychees gently onto cocktail picks and set aside.
- In a small bowl, use a muddler to crush the strawberries and set aside.
- Remove tea infused rum from fridge. Remove teabags and pour in sugar syrup. Screw tight and shake well.
- Divide muddled strawberries equally into glasses, then pour in rum mixture. Top with ice and Limonata.
- Garnish with cocktail picks and serve.
Tips: For the young ones, substitute rum with soda of choice or simply plain water.